The SC17 Students@SC Program will again host the Student/Postdoc Job Fair. This face-to-face event will be held from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Wednesday, November 15, in rooms 702-704-706 in the Colorado Convention Center. The Student/Postdoc Job Fair is open to all students and postdocs attending SC17, giving them an opportunity to meet with potential employers.
Previous SC job fair employers include research labs, academic institutions, recruiting agencies and private industry who met with students to discuss graduate fellowships, internships, summer jobs, co-op opportunities, graduate school assistant positions and permanent employment.
Resumes submitted by students will be provided to organizations participating in the job fair. Students should also bring copies of their resumes to the event.
Information for Recruiting Organizations
Participating organizations will have the opportunity to interact with the students in fields related to computer science, information systems, scientific computing, and high-performance computing. Ideally, each organization will send two representatives, one from HR as well as a technical staff member.
Organizations registering for the job fair will receive a table and access to the fair for two recruiters. Each participating organization will also be given access to online student resumes. However, your registration does not include access to other parts of SC17, including the main exhibit hall.
Each table seats two recruiters. Space is fairly tight, but there should be sufficient room to display a vertical banner behind your table if you have one. Refreshments will be provided throughout the day for the recruiters in a separate lounge.
Registration fee for registered exhibitors: $500
Registration fee for non-exhibitors: $1,000
Late Registration (after October 20)
Late registration fee for registered exhibitors: $625
Late registration fee for non-exhibitors: $1,250
We encourage exhibitors to register as early as possible to ensure they get a space at the job fair. To reserve your table at the job fair, please complete the online registration form.
Information for Students and Postdocs
The Student/Postdoc Job Fair event is open to all students and postdocs attending SC16. In previous years, students and postdocs who wanted to facilitate connections with participating organizations submitted up-to-date resumes before the SC conference. Students and postdocs registered for SC17 will receive instructions on how to submit their resumes via email.
Resume Preparation Do’s and Don’ts
- Include your contact information, objective, and career summary
- Make it simple, balanced, and well-organized
- Space the sections so that they are easy to distinguish
- Be consistent in style, font, spacing, and indentation
- Quantify accomplishments when you can
- Use action verbs to describe your activities and accomplishments
- Bring printed copies of your resume for the job fair and for networking
- Use multiple fonts, underlining, boldface or italic type
- Use passive statements
- Include generic interests unrelated to the job you are seeking
- State “references available upon request” – that will be assumed
Many websites offer free advice on creating resumes. Here are three resources that may be useful:
- Examples of resumes for various fields: http://www.livecareer.com/resume-examples
- Resume tips for job fairs: http://career-advice.monster.com/resumes-cover-letters/resume-writing-tips/resume-tips-for-job-fairs/article.aspx
- Resume with education but little experience: http://www.1st-writer.com/newgraduate.htm
Email Contact: email@example.com