Panels at SC17 will be, as in past years, among the most important and heavily attended events of the Conference. Panels will bring together the key thinkers and producers in the field to consider in a lively and rapid-fire context some of the key questions challenging high performance computing, networking, storage and associated analysis technologies for the foreseeable future.
Panels bring a rare opportunity for mutual engagement of community leaders and broad mainstream contributors in a face-to-face exchange through audience participation and questioning. Surprises are the norm at panels, which make for exciting and lively hour-and-a-half sessions.
Panels can explore topics in depth by capturing the opinions of a wide range of people active in the relevant fields. Panels represent state of the art opinions, and can be augmented with social media technologies including Twitter, LinkedIn, and video feeds, and even real-time audience polling.
Thus, SC17 is pleased to announce the following diverse and exciting range of panels:
• How Serious Are We About the Convergence Between HPC and Big Data?
• The ARM Software Ecosystem: Are We There Yet?
• Reproducibility and Uncertainty in High Performance Computing
• Best Practices for Architecting Performance and Capacity in the Burst Buffer Era
• Supercomputing in the Shadow of Giants
• Blurring the Lines: High-End Computing and Data Science
• Common Big Data Challenges for Bio, Geo and Social Sciences
• Virtualization Ecosystems
• Post Moore Supercomputing
• Silent Errors in HPC Systems
• HPC Software: Is “Cool Stuff” Really Incompatible with Sustainability?
• Energy Efficiency Gains: Retrospectives and Perspectives
Please plan to attend and actively engage in one or more of the panels. Come and debate hot topics and big HPC challenges, with controversial opinions and energetic discussions among experts and broad mainstream contributors (that would be you!). Expect surprises, inspiration and lots of fun too.