The SC Steering Committee is extending the deadline for the SC20 General Chair position to July 14, 2017. Please consider submitting a nomination for this important position.
To nominate a person (or yourself) for the position, send an email providing the candidate’s name, a short paragraph describing how the candidate meets the following criteria below, and a recent curriculum vitae (CV) that highlights professional and SC experience.
General Chair criteria:
· Experience managing large, complex projects in which the people executing the project do not all report directly to the manager
· Breadth and depth of experience with SC conference organization, especially leadership roles
· Active in our community
· Able to set strategic direction (and delegate its execution)
· Able to commit significant resources to management of the conference in the three years leading up to the event (generally speaking, 10% of an FTE during 2018, 25% of an FTE during 2019, and increasing to 70% of an FTE by the time of the conference)
· Participate on the SC Steering Committee for 5 years. (3 years up to the conference and 2 years after)
· Experience managing a large (multi-million US$) budget
Nominations should be sent by July 14th to email@example.com.