SC tutorials is one of the largest tutorial programs at any computing-related conference in the world. It offers attendees the chance to learn from and to interact with leading experts in the most popular areas of high performance computing, networking, and storage.
SC tutorials cover a wide range of topics in the following areas (as well as others):
- Basic and introductory topics for expanding broader engagement
- Applications and application frameworks
- Algorithms, numerical methods, and libraries
- Software engineering for portable performance and scalability
- Parallel programming methods, models, languages and environments
- Software tools for accelerators (co-processors, GPGPUs, FPGA, etc.)
- Algorithmic, tools and runtime support for heterogeneous systems
- Performance evaluation and/or optimization tools
- Debugging and correctness tools
- High performance I/O, storage, archive, and file systems
- Scalable data mining and machine learning
- High performance networking technology
- Scientific and information visualization
- Systems, tools and techniques for energy efficiency
- Large systems administration and/or resource management
- Computer and network security
- Fault-tolerance, reliability, maintainability, and adaptability
- High performance computer architecture
- Clusters and distributed systems
- Embedded- and/or reconfigurable systems
- “Hot Topics” of current interest to the SC16 community
The tutorials committee is soliciting proposals for full-day (six hours) or a half-day (three hours) tutorials in a wide range of topics – click here for details. Honoraria and travel support are provided and are shared amongst tutorial presenters – details are below.
Honoraria and Support: For each full-day tutorial, a $2,800 honorarium will be shared among presenters; for each half-day tutorial the (shared) honorarium is $1,400. Tutorial presenters each will get a fixed travel stipend towards their travel and accommodation expenses. Travel reimbursement is limited to airfare only. (The honorarium has been increased from previous years to offset this new policy.)
SC17 full-day tutorial presenters (up to a maximum of four per tutorial) may request a travel stipend of US$600 per North American presenters and up to $1000 per presenter outside North America, with half-day tutorial presenters up to a maximum of two per tutorial. Presenters are responsible for making their own travel arrangements. Note that a full-day tutorial may have only six presenters and half-day tutorials may have only three presenters (and additional presenters above these limits must pay the tutorial fee).
Tutorial proposals must be submitted electronically via the web site using a combination of web form and file upload – click here for details. If you have any questions or need assistance, please e-mail: email@example.com.